Chiropractors work with the body's ability to adapt and function the way it is designed to. Chiropractic care in pregnancy is vital to the normal physiological function of both the mother and baby in pregnancy and birth. Here are the potential benefits:
In the mother:
- Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in pelvic bony structures, muscles, and ligaments.
- Removes torsion of the ligaments that support the uterus thus potentially reducing aberrant tension to the woman's uterus.
- Reduces interference to the mother's vital nervous system which controls and coordinates all of her systems and functions.
- By improving maternal function we are decreasing the potential for unnecessary intervention.
To the infant:
- Reduces interference to the mother's nerve system allowing for better baby development.
- Pelvic balance allows the baby greater room to develop without restrictions to its forming cranium, spine, and other skeletal structures.
- Offers the baby the room to move into the best possible position for birth.
- With proper fetal positioning, there is a significant decrease in dystocia and the resulting birth trauma caused by intervention.
-Dr. Jeanne Ohm
The Webster Technique is a specific chiropractic analysis and diversified adjustment. The goal of the adjustment is to reduce the effects of sacral subluxation and/or other sacroiliac joint dysfunction. In so doing neuro-biomechanical function in the pelvis is improved.
Dr. Darby is certified in Webster Technique. For more information, please visit, www.icpa4kids.com/about/webster_technique.htm